- Saturday, January 15, 2011

Above The Clouds [2011]


"Above The Clouds" is my latest album, the music was recorded in December 2010 and the vocals in January 2011.

This one is mostly acoustic although the title track and it's sister "Clouds" are mostly keyboard space rock.

Right now this one is my favorite album so far right up there with "The Eyelid Of God..." and "Spectrum".

My favorite tracks are "Clouds", "Yellow Button" and "Golden Wrench".

I played real drums again (I think I'm getting better at it).

The cover is from a photograph I took while on vacation in Barbados.

THE SONGS:

1. SAUCERS AND DAUGHTERS
This is a mini suite that has the feel of Wooden Flower Suite.

2. GOLDEN WRENCH
This is another cousin of "I'm Still Alive" this time the lyrics are very different so this is not part 3 of that song. One of my favorites from the album.

3. CLOUDS
This is space rock with pop sensibility if that can be possible. My favorite track from the album.

4. FEAR
This is piano piece, well it really is a piano loop, something I couldn't fully develop while playing the keyboard but I liked it enough to include it in the album.

5. YELLOW BUTTON
This is an acoustic piece with keyboard cello, I'm proud of this track and is one of my favorites from all my songs.

6. YOUR FOOL
This is a sister of "Prisoner Of Yourself" from "The Eyelid Of God". It has a new wave/punk middle section. It's the only without keyboards or acoustic guitars. Some sort of funky guitars decorate the main theme.

7. ABOVE THE CLOUDS
The title track is one of the wackiest songs I've recorded. It has four parts and the keyboards fill this song to almost unbearable craziness. I like it but I think more spaced out people than me will appreciate it more than I do.

Well there you have it a description of my favorite album so far.

NEW!!! LINK [Including Artwork]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r94k2jggo5q31i9/Above.rar?dl=0

No comments: