- Thursday, March 5, 2009

Memories Lost Under Grey Hair [2009]


I don't know how to rate this album yet, I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I'm sure I will learn to love it later on.

The artwork is the second in a series of tributes to the jazz albums covers from the 50's.

I'll try to explain what I think of the songs:

THE STALKER
This one is my favorite from this album, I like the wah guitar solo and the way it gets faster towards the end.

MEMORIES L.U.G.H. 
A 70's hard rock funky intro. The album's named after this song because there are a couple of songs related to nostalgia in it.

BURNING FEET.
This track was first recorded in 1997 and like all of my recordings from that era the fuzz pedal was always on, now on this one I stripped the whole thing. Don't ask what the lyrics mean.

NOSTALGIA. 
An instrumental.

TEENAGE LOVE.
Another bossa nova track. This is my second favorite track from the album and I really love the wah guitar solo.

PREPARE FOR TAKE-OFF.
 This is a trippy track with a good fuzzy solo in the middle of it.

NOTHING TO GAIN. 
The original title of this song was "Third World Espionage" I decided to keep it simple and not confuse the listener who tries to find any meaning in it. I like it but is not my favorite.

ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS.
 I recorded the basic track (Casio Keyboard) after listening to Bill Fay's "I Hear You Calling" from the album Time Of The Last Persecution which is one of my favorite albums from the 70's.

WAITING IN THE FREEZE.
 A mainly acoustic track with a nice middle section.

BLACK TAR VILLAGE.
One of two songs where I used the Casio Keyboard. Not my favorite track but the organ solo sounds a little jazzy and the lyrics are about a street I used to transit years ago and in case you follow the lyrics I want to make clear I was not a customer!.

Enjoy!!! and... REMEMBER TO WRITE SOMETHING DOWN THERE.

1. The Stalker
2. Memories Lost Under Grey Hair
3. Burning Feet
4. Nostalgia
5. Teenage Love
6. Prepare For Take-Off
7. Nothing To Gain
8. Another One Of Your Friends
9. Waiting In The Freeze
10 . Black Tar Village


NEW!!! LINK [Including Artwork]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2iugcqnueny0z0/Memories.rar?dl=0

No comments: