- Sunday, August 22, 2010

Road To The Soul [2010]


My latest psychedelic rock album.

The cover picture is of one of the many bridges of the Florida keys and was taken in 2008 by me while on vacation.

I wrote, played and sung all the songs and most of them are psych rock except one or two.

1. ROAD TO THE SOUL
Is the title track and contains a scorching fuzz guitar solo with wah rhythm guitars, it also has some B3 organ. I think this is the noisiest song of the album so if you like softer songs the album is just beginning so don't be put off by this one.

2. YOU AND YOUR PARTNER IN CRIME
This is one of my favorites and has two parts, the first one is 6+ minutes long, they're both related and have some congas and bongos in it. I really like the guitar solos of both parts because they're very different from I usually play which are blues based solos, the solos in this song are somewhat melodic.

3. I DIDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT
This is my favorite song of the album and in true irony is not psychedelic at all but again the solo is melodic and not based on the blues.

4. IMMORAL PEACE

 A short suite, the parts where I sing I believe are very cool, and I like the lyrics.

5. YOUR COUSIN

The track is a short keyboard part that I wanted to extend but couldn't finish.

6. THE PRINCE AND THE PALACE

This is a nice piece of 1968 psychedelia. The chord pattern of the beginning is almost the same as the beginning of the song "Spectrum" but somewhow sound very different.

7. THE SHERIFF'S VENGEANCE (A WESTERN)

The lyrics are a tribute to final scenes of spaghetti westerns. The instrumental second part of the song is a heavy bass keyboard saturated feast, i like it a lot.

8. KING DROLIGHT'S CASTLE
The guitar part of the song was an outtake from the album "Spectrum" so this means this is the earliest track from the album. The guitars are distorted and has a dissonant guitar and laser gun keyboards middle section. The lyrics are more related to "The Black Lagoon".

9. (NEARLY DEAD BUT...) I'M STILL ALIVE, PART 2
This song is very similar to "I'm Still Alive" from "Spectrum" so I decided to call it Part 2.

10. HIDDEN GLORY OF TIME

It was the last one recorded but I was going to place it at the beginning of the album but at the last minute decided to place it at the end and I think it was a good choice.

There you have it a good description of the album, now enjoy it!

NEW!!! LINK [Including Full Artwork]:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37711895/Road.rar

No comments: